The enterprise Session Border Control (eSBC) provides SIP interoperability demanded at the premises creating a service provider migration path to various services, from business trunking and hosted VoIP onto native SIP trunking. Designed to ease the need for extensive interoperability testing, the eSBC Feature delivers the tools necessary to normalize, secure and troubleshoot the SIP to SIP communication between a carrier network and the customers SIP compliant equipment.
The eSBC portfolio provides the following advanced features:
- SIP Header Manipulation Rules (HMR) solves interoperability issues present in disparate networks
- Media anchoring ensures traffic flows from a trusted network element, preventing media routing confusion and hiding the topology of the enterprise network
- Packet Capture (PCap) allows for user-defined routing of packet information for troubleshooting and evaluation purposes
- Voice Quality Monitoring (VQM) provides a sophisticated level of network performance visibility in an easy-to-use, graphical interface
- High-Performance firewall identifies and protects voice networks against common Denial of Service (DoS) attacks